Friday, January 2, 2009

My Name

Hi, this is Nadine. I thought you all would like to know about my name. It is a very interesting tale. Remember my father Corn Cobb? You might have thought my name was thought of by him, but no. It was my mother, Bernadette. I don't believe I have told you much about her. You see, she was a Frog Maiden. You may laugh, but it was a most serious profession. She as well as her 437 fellow maidens, did dances all over the world. When you are a Frog Maiden it is your job to convince the world that we were evolved out of frogs. They have no proof, of course, but it has convinced many upon many amounts of people(3).

You may wonder how she met my father. Do you remember the Loch Ness Monster Supolé? My father was part of it, and he and the Frog maidens happened to be touring Papua New Guinea at the same time. Weird, ehh?

Many years later, when I was born my mother named me "Nadine". It originated from the Frog Maiden's word for "Hop". However, they were never good spellers, so they spelled it "Hope". The world believes Nadine means hope when it actually means hop. Pretty interesting right?

It is lucky I wasn't a boy because my father was going to name his next boy child "Stinky Turnip". I am still grateful to this day that I missed out on that name.

No comments: